This is a different version of cooking asparagus in indian style. It is good with rice/roti/naan
- Chana dal – 1/2 cup
- Asparagus – 1 lb, cut into small pieces
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander – to taste
- Seasoning: Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asofoetida – 1/8 tsp
- Ginger/Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green Chillis – 2
- Dry coconut powder – 3 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – to taste
How to make it?
- Wash and cook chana dal separately with little salt.
- Wash and cut Asparagus to small pieces.
- Take a wide pan, heat Oil and add in Mustard Seeds. Allow them to pop and splutter.
- Add in Cumin Seeds, Asofoetida, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies in that order.
- Add Asparagus, mix and cook for 5 minutes
- Add cooked chana Daal and salt, mix, cover and cook until everything is done.
- Add dry coconut powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook for 3 minutes and add coriander to garnish.
Enjoy a different type of cooking and eating asparagus!!!