Bottle gourd has many health benefits. Knowingly or unknowingly, This veggie is widely used in Indian kitchens. bottle gourd consists of 92% water and the remaining is fiber.Easily digestible!!! And it helps to reduce the blood sugar levels. Perfect for diabetes patients. This recipe is perfect for rotis.
- Bottle gourd/Sorakaya – 1 (medium size)
- Potato– 1
- Carrot – 2 (medium size)
- Onion– 1 (Large size)
- Green Chillis – 3
- Coriander – for garnishing
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Seasoning: Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
How to make it?
- Wash and cut bottle gourd, potato and carrots, onion into pieces
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustards splutter, add green chillis and onions,carrots turmeric powder.
- After onions became transparant, Add bottle gourd pieces, potato, salt,red chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook with lid on the pan.
- Once the water is absorbed, add milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with roti.