Traditional, simple basil pesto pasta recipe with fresh basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil…
- Fresh basil – 2 cups
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Pine nuts – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as per your taste
- Pasta of your choice – 3 cups
- Extra virgin olive oil – 5 table spoons
- Parmesan cheese(optional) – 1/4 cup
How to make it?
- Blend basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, olive oil in a blender to a paste.
- Cook pasta following the directions on the package.
- After pasta is cooked, Drain the water and put pasta on a plate.
- Mix pesto with pasta.
- Add cheese on top of pasta.