Broccoli rice is an easy and quick recipe. This is a good way to eat broccoli as many do not like to eat it. Broccoli is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber; it also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties.
- Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup
- Onion– 1 (Large size)
- Green Chillis – 3
- Coriander – fistful (finely chopped)
- Mint – fistful (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- cloves – 3
- Salt – to taste
How to make it?
- Wash and soak basmathi rice in 2 cups of water for 30 mins.
- Cook basmati rice.
- Heat oil in a wide pan, add cloves, cinnamon, green chilis and finely chopped onion.
- After onions became transparent, Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, mint, coriander. mix well.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Cook broccoli till it becomes tender. do not over cook.
- Add cooked basmati rice and mix well.
- Serve it with raitha or any veg/non veg curry